Lisa Herrick is a Partner at Varghese Summersett, where she specializes in juvenile law and complex criminal cases involving minors and young adults. Lisa is Board Certified in Juvenile Law – a designation held by only 65 attorneys in the state of Texas and just three in Tarrant County.
Being certified in juvenile law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization puts Lisa in an elite class of lawyers who are considered experts in cases involving youth under age 17. Lisa’s expertise in this area of law sets Varghese Summersett apart from other criminal defense firms in North Texas and ensures that our younger clients receive the best possible representation so they can get their lives back on track.
And while Lisa is an expert juvenile attorney, she is also highly skilled in adult criminal cases including sex offenses, violent felonies, and serious property crimes. Before going into private practice as a defense attorney, Lisa served as a prosecutor in the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office for more than eight years.
Lisa has handled hundreds of cases, ranging from theft to capital murder, and has taken more than 80 cases to jury trial. Her vast experience as a former prosecutor gives her unique insight into how the other side thinks and operates, which she now uses to vigorously defend people on the other side of the docket.
Although Lisa holds a special place for teens and young adults, she is a fierce advocate for all of our clients – no matter how young or old or for what they stand accused. Lisa understands that being charged with a crime can be a life-changing event, and she is dedicated to providing each client with personalized attention and the best possible outcome in every case.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Oklahoma, B.S. in Sociology
- Juvenile Defense
- State Criminal Defense
- Violent Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Intoxication Offenses
- Drug Charges
- Property Crimes
Memberships, Honors, and Awards
- Board Certified in Juvenile Law, 2020
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine, 2020-present
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Juvenile Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- Criminal Justice Section, State Bar of Texas
- University of Oklahoma Alumni Club of Fort Worth
- Former Adjunct Professor at Tarrant County College Law Enforcement Academy
- Former Guest Presenter at Texas Christian University’s Course in Legal Issues in Law Enforcement