Alex Thornton is a senior associate at Varghese Summersett PLLC. Her primary focus is on state criminal defense matters in Tarrant County and the surrounding areas. She represents individuals charged in state court with misdemeanors and felonies, including intoxication offenses, drug charges, and crimes against people. Alex also regularly coordinates client admission into diversion programs, which focuses on rehabilitation rather than incarceration. Alex has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2021.
Fun Fact: Alex is married to J. Turner Thornton, who leads Varghese Summersett Family Law Group.
Areas of Practice
- State Criminal Defense
- DWI Defense
- Occupational License and Administrative License Revocation Hearings
- Diversion Programs
- Texas A&M University (B.A.)
- Texas A&M University School of Law (J.D.)
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Criminal Justice Section, State Bar of Texas
- Eldon Mahon Inn of Courts