Anna Summersett is a partner at the law firm of Varghese Summersett, one of the largest criminal defense firms in Tarrant County. She is a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist and an experienced trial lawyer. Anna has handled thousands of criminal cases and tried more than 100 cases before Texas juries, ranging from DWI to capital murder.
Prior to going into private practice as a criminal defense attorney, Anna served as a prosecutor for the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office and the Cameron County District Attorney’s Office.
Anna handles criminal cases from post-arrest investigation through jury trial. She is also a highly regarded DWI lawyer who excels in jury trial and plea negotiations. Anna is also a member of numerous legal and community organizations and is very involved in philanthropic projects.
In May 2019, Anna was recognized for being a finalist in Fort Worth Inc. Magazine’s Entrepreneur of Excellence Awards, which recognizes and honors entrepreneurial owners of private companies in the Fort Worth area. The year before, Varghese Summersett was named the sixth fastest-growing company in Fort Worth and the 782nd fastest-growing company in the country.
Areas of Practice
- State Criminal Defense
- DWI & DUI Defense
- Habitat for Humanity Ambassador
- WORTH, Founding Member
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant District Attorney, Cameron County District Attorney’s Office, 2009-2010
- Assistant District Attorney, Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office 2010-2014
- Baylor University (B.A.)
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (J.D.)
Memberships, Honors, and Awards
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Top Women Attorneys in Texas, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2023
- Entrepreneur of Excellence, Finalist, Fort Worth Inc., 2019
- Top Texas Women Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Top Attorney, 360 West Magazine, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Criminal Defense, 2016
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Member
- Criminal Justice Section, State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas District and County Attorneys Associations, Former Member