Leticia “Letty” Martinez is a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist who has extensive experience handling state and federal criminal cases, specifically sexual abuse allegations and all levels of violent offenses.
Prior to becoming a criminal defense attorney, Letty had more than 20 years of prosecutorial experience. She was assigned to nearly every division of the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office, including Juvenile, Crimes Against Children and Gang. She was promoted to Chief of the Family Violence Unit and Crimes Against Children Unit. She also served as Deputy Chief of the Misdemeanor Division, where she supervised more than 20 attorneys. Letty also served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Texas.
In 2014, Letty’s vast expertise led to an appointment by Governor Rick Perry to the Child Fatality Review Team Committee, which develops procedures to reduce the number of preventable child deaths. In February 2018, she was appointed by Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick to the same committee.
When she is not in the courtroom, Letty enjoys sharing her expertise and experience with law school students. In 2023, Baylor Law School voted to approve her as an adjunct member of the Baylor Law faculty. She currently teaches the Practiced Court Program.
Above all else, Letty is an experienced trial attorney who has tried more than 100 cases before Texas juries, including capital murders, murders, robberies, assaults, sexual assaults, and other aggravated felonies.
- Baylor University School of Law
- Baylor University
Bachelor of Music, Piano Performance 1990
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
Honors and Awards
- Approved as an Adjunct Member of the Baylor Law School Faculty, 2023
- Honored by Easter Seals North Texas’ Hats Off to Mothers for her contributions to the community and dedication to children, 2019
- Child Fatality Review Team Committee, appointed by Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, 2018
- Selected to Super Lawyers, Super Lawyer Magazine, 2022
- Top Attorney, 360 West Magazine, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2005, 2006, 2008
- Protect Our Kids Commission, appointed by Gov. Rick Perry, 2014